2012. május 23., szerda

Fuel consumption

After solving the issue with the rear suspension, I moved my focus onto the fuel consumption. There were some measurement results:

20.6 km (12.8 m)               24.28 l/100km    (9.68mpg)  
18. km   (11.2 m)               27.75 l/100km   (8.47mpg)
37. km   (23 m)                   27.02 l/100km   (8.7mpg)
39.4km (24.5 m)                25.37 l/100km   (9.27mpg)

I have measured these numbers by putting 5-10 liters of gasoline into the car, and driving while it stopped. It is not a wise method, but I have always tested on roads with enough space to stop safe.
The first two were measured before realizing the suspension problem, so there were some pedals pressed, but the second two were measured while visiting the alignment shop, barely touching the accelerator…

So these were the numbers making me feel nervous
And decided to visit Hardcore Engine Builders at Fuzesabony (~116 kms from me).  Longest distance ever J
Ofc. Ihave measured the consumption on the way there. The tank emptied just as I rolled into the garage….
And I was surprised:

94. km   (58.5 m)               15.94 l/100km   (14.75mpg)

I was driving with ~60 mph on the roads, and ~35 mph in the cities. In gear 5 and 4 at ~1800rpm... so we can say, it was the minimum consumption while cruising. Still with the original carburetor setup.

Then the tank was filled, and we started testing – setting with a lambda probe… It took many hours, and many accelerations, and many pedal to the metal accelerations..  but finally there was the new setup with different holes, needles and springs and a tired me. As the tank was at ¼ I could not measure my way back separately from the setting process.

160.9 km              (1000 m)              15.54 l/100km   (15.13mpg)

This seems to be same, but don’t forget, it is not a cruising result, but  a half cruising, half setting one. There is no real comparison base until I empty the tank again while cruising, but I expect a 16-17 mpg  (13.5-14.5 l/100km), that is something I can live with. I have never expected 4 liters of consumption from this car, but neither did 27 litres…
 
What differences can I feel?
The idle rev is set lower, so I have to use the accelerator…  but it is not a big deal.
The car feels a bit less agile, I  have to switch gears a bit more often, engine brake feels strange… it is like the car is about to destroy itself….   Too sad, I can’t remember how engine brake felt before.

Ezt a bejegyzést most angolul írtam ( ha valaki nem vette volna észre). Íme egy rövid összefoglaló, azoknak, akik nem rendelkeznek gugliferdítővel:

Mértem fogyasztást, sok volt, ezértbeállítattam a gyújtást és a fogyasztást. Most azt gondolom kevesebb lett, de majd meglátjuk!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése